College Career Readiness

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul Green
    Participant

CCR discussion here!

Joy Neace
    Participant

My students are trying to earn certifications for programming.

Rebecca Bowling
    Participant

I think it’s important to teach students to be “Career Ready”! Students are having trouble creating Word documents to type research papers, they cannot type, spell, and some cannot even write in cursive. I feel it’s important to bring back teaching these skills. Students are graduating from high school not knowing how to effectively do these important skills!

Pat Trotter
    Participant

I agree with Rebecca about bringing back these teaching skills for writing and researching, and yes, students should be taught cursive writing! We also are lacking in teaching civics – most young adults today have little or no knowledge of the congress, local government, ethics, the amendments to the Constitution, how laws are made or changed, how to tell truth from myth in political ads, etc. Education is supposed to produce well-rounded, engaged and informed citizens.

Pat Trotter
    Participant

I would like to see more students involved in Maker Spaces and bringing their work to the Louisville Maker Faire. I have had some requests from schools for creating maker spaces – would love to see that expanded.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.