Microsoft account is blocked

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Kelton 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dave Kelton
    Participant

In Lee County, some students that have logged on to TouchDevelop using their Microsoft ID successfully in the past are not able to logon today. They receive a message that their Microsoft account has been blocked. This has been happening for the last week and the students affected are changing each day. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Kelly Boles
    Participant

Yes. I have had this problem multiple times. I have to keep sending my kids to the office to use the phone so they can unlock their accounts. It’s annoying, but I have no solution at this time.

Dave Kelton
    Participant

If anyone sees this problem again, could you post a screen print of the message. I would like to sent it to MicroSoft to find a resolution to the problem.

Dave Kelton
    Participant

This is Microsoft’s response to the problem. I have uploaded the guide to the Holler under the name – Resolution to problem “account blocked”

Hi Dave,

It sounds like this might be an issue with the district IP address not being listed with Microsoft. As a security measure, if more than 3 Microsoft accounts are created from the same IP address, they get blocked. Please refer to step 6 in the attached guide.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Megan

Megan Hochstatter
    Microsoft IT Academy Program Deployment | Microsoft Learning Experiences (LeX)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.