Flexible Seating Promises to Last in the 3rd and 4th Grades

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  nksparkman27 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

nksparkman27
    Participant

As the year comes to a close, my classes of third and fourth graders are requesting more flexible seating for next year—and hoping that other teachers follow lead for their future classrooms. It is truly amazing how much my students have grown and improved both behavior wise and academically. Just this morning we are reading Holes in the fourth grade and the fluency of my readers –truly awesome! I give credit to my seats. Students are now excited about reading—something that was not seen/heard before with these particular classes. I even have students (who before were “troubled”) begging to stay in my class all day—to read—because they can focus and enjoy learning in this atmosphere. I am excited to add more types of seating in my room; I just purchased a dining room table from a yard sale…and I am looking into taller wobble stools…as those are their favorites. I can’t thank KVEC enough for allowing my students the opportunity to be given seating which helps them focus—learn—AND GROW!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.