The Kentucky Valley Educational Cooperative is pleased to welcome Rachel Njenga on November 9th in a virtual training focused on preventing behaviors through PBIS structures. The
INTERDISCIPLINARY LITERACY PRACTICE #10 (23 mins)
Develop a literacy identity that promotes lifelong learning.
• Provide opportunities for students to view themselves as lifelong learners who take an active role in their literacy development, understanding they impact and are impacted by their interactions with text
• Carole Mullins, NBCT and Reb…Read More
INTERDISCIPLINARY LITERACY PRACTICE #9 (31 mins)
Apply high level cognitive processes to think deeply and critically about text.
• Help students must move beyond basic comprehension and interact more deeply with the text
• By applying synthesis, analysis, reflection and other higher order thinking skills, students are equipped to examine text cri…Read More
INTERDISCIPLINARY LITERACY PRACTICE #6-7 (37 mins)
#6: Collaborate with others to create meaning. #7: Utilize digital resources to learn and share with others.
• Help students learn to interact with others in order to confirm, challenge or shape their views and ideas
• Know how to effectively produce and critically consume digital information
- Load More Posts