Kentucky Valley Education Cooperative (KVEC) and the global storytelling nonprofit Narrative 4 are launching a new initiative for a select group of exceptional teachers.
Participation in the launch of the Narrative 4 Appalachia Initiative is limited to six (6) outstanding teachers.
Please accept this invitation to apply for this free, exciting, new pilot project that promises a strong opportunity for educators to:
- Increase instructional strategies and significantly elevate student engagement
- Reverse the trend toward apathy and isolation in Appalachian classrooms
- Equip students with the tools to change, rebuild or revolutionize systems
- Serve as a roadmap for other learning communities across the country and world
Participating teachers will receive:
- Training, coaching, and classroom support in using the story exchange in their classrooms
- Flexible, adaptable and exciting classroom resources that develop students’ capacity for active listening, perspective-taking, and peer-to-peer education
- Easily applied models for project-based experiential learning
- Access to Narrative 4’s global network of artists, educators, and students
If you are interested in:
- Fostering a positive school climate
- Exploring a trauma-informed approach to education
- Creating a global classroom
- Integrating social-emotional learning into your curriculum
- Inspiring empathy
- Using stories to promote change
Then Narrative 4 teacher training is for you!
An application for participation is attached to this email. The deadline for SUBMISSION is March 11, 2020.
A “Connecting the Dots on Relevancy” document is also attached to this email.
Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com