On behalf of the Kentucky Valley Educational Cooperative, the Appalachian Renaissance Initiative and the Kentucky Rural Education Association, we would like to invite you to join us in a reception recognizing rural innovation and excellence at the Louisville Downtown Marriot during the National Rural Education Association’s national forum to advance rural education on Thursday, October 24th 2019 at 5:30 p.m.
The “come and go reception” will feature:
- Award-winning and nationally recognized innovations in learning and place-based instructional design presented by students, teachers and designers
- Interactive discussion surrounding the recently published report on public education in eastern Kentucky A Region’s Way Forward: Achieving Learner Equity and School Centered Community Reinvention
- access to streaming content and conversation with developers and producers from www.theholler.org the first place-based social learning Network serving rural communities in the country
- a gathering place for networking opportunities with educators from across Kentucky and NREA members from around the United States
- and at 6:15 p.m. the formal LAUNCH of the Kentucky Rural Education Association
Refreshments will be served and door prizes awarded at the end of the evening.
This is an invitation-only event and space is limited.
Sponsored by KVEC with support from Boardworks Education.