On Wednesday, August 22nd KVEC will host an exciting leadership training event for regional educators designed to help school leaders learn dynamic strategies to dramatically transform culture, unleash the power of social media to improve the culture of a school and district, and building schools where students and staff run to get in, not out.
The event will begin with a morning session led by author and current Elementary School Principal Jay Billy. Mr. Billy is the author of Lead with Culture: What Really Matters in Our Schools and is a national trainer with Teach and Lead Like a Pirate.
Participants will walk away from this workshop with the tools they need to build a PIRATE culture with the strategies and a coaching model they can implement tomorrow building the confidence educators need to make school AMAZING.
Through a highly interactive and fun session, participants will learn to:
- Harness PASSION and encourage risk-taking in their schools.
- IMMERSE themselves in the work that makes the biggest impact on student and staff learning.
- Build RAPPORT and relationships grounded in trust.
- ANALYZE lessons and ASK great questions in order to provide rich feedback that helps move learning forward.
- Dramatically TRANSFORM school culture.
- Lead with ENTHUSIASM that is contagious.
The afternoon session will focus on specific elements necessary to unleash the positive power of social media platforms to impact the culture of a school and district.
Afternoon topics, led by practitioners and media professionals will include:
- A Framework for a comprehensive Social Media Campaign
- Strategic Storytelling
- Effective access to and use of The Holler.org
- Best Practice Facebook Strategies
- Best Practice Twitter Strategies
- Best Practice Instagram Strategies
- How to take digital photos and video to enhance message
- How to use effective and compelling language to increase message reach
All materials and lunch for participants will be provided, and EILA credit will be awarded.
Below is the link to register for this limited capacity training event. Please note that a $25 fee will be assessed to those who register for the event but do not attend or send a proxy.
When: Wednesday, August 22nd
Where: 412 Roy Campbell Drive Hazard, Kentucky 41701 KVEC Offices – Kentucky Career Center
8:30 a.m. Registration/Refreshments
9:00 a.m. Lead with Culture (Lead Like a Pirate) – What Really Matters in Schools
Noon Lunch (provided on site)
1:00 p.m. Unleashing Social Media
3:00 p.m. End of Day