• We all probably feel change in the wind when it comes to student assessment. The attached report by Linda Darling-Hammond, Gene Wilhoit, and Linda Pittenger is an interesting read. The report recommends an accountability approach that focuses on a meaningful learning. You have probably heard it referred to as the 51st State Assessment. I would…Read More

    2 Comments
    • Great article! I really hope this happens…As a parent, I want my children to learn new ideas and concepts while attending school…I don’t like the idea of them learning how to take a test…and how the outcome of the test determines whether they’re distinguished, proficient, etc….I don’t feel the testing system we have now accurately measures…Read More

      • You are right on target, Rebecca. I am so glad to see that kind of thinking. I love the monkey and elephant example. Sometimes we find ourselves in those roles.

  • Load More Posts

Media

Recent Posts

Suki’s Kimono Podcast