As part of our action research project, students were to conduct interviews of people in various age groups. They were to be paired with another student to discuss the interviews and find a problem to solve by creating an invention or modifying a product. Once the student pairs created a design, discussed it with their peers and other adults, and it passed standards set by the students as a whole class the product was to be printed using the 3D printer. The product would then be tested by students and displayed in an art exhibition.
All did not go as planned. We used a free trial of the printer software to print one of the inventions. It was a hook to be used as a hanger for project inside a classroom. After several attempts, we finally printed a successful project. We then printed multiple examples and glued strong magnets to them. We were able to use them in our classroom. Next year we hope to acquire the software and print the other projects.
@aparsons active 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Points balance: 280
Rank: Holler Senior
I have finally completed my project! My classes wanted to experience working with clay on a potters wheel. We studied the different methods of creating pottery with clay by Native American’s and the use of a potters wheel. We had two tests. One after lecture and one after hands on learning was complete. We made charts to document the […] View