• There’s No Place Like My Learning Space

    Not much has changed for the classroom learning space since the early 1900’s. Students are still passively sitting in individual desks in rows and the teacher is still in the front of the room. In order to prepare students for their future careers, classrooms need to shift to accommodate 21st century…Read More

  • Profile picture of Tanya Turner

    Tanya Turner wrote a new post

    Special Holler report from Corinne Smith, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Yale

    My name is Corinne Smith, and I am an Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Yale. I am or […]

    Yale Admissions Visit East KY Schools to Expand Career and College Options

    Special Holler report from Corinne Smith, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Yale My name is Corinne Smith, and I am an Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Yale. I am originally from Illinois, and grew up about forty-five minutes outside of Chicago. I...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of Tanya Turner

    Tanya Turner wrote a new post

    Want Spiderman in your classroom? Or to help Spiderman deliver weekend meals to east Kentucky students? Meet Cody!
    My name is Cody Epling, I’m 28 years old and a Respiratory therapist. When I’m not working I’m a […]

    Local Spiderman Brings Joy and "Spider Bites" to Students

    Want Spiderman in your classroom? Or to help Spiderman deliver weekend meals to east Kentucky students? Meet Cody! My name is Cody Epling, I'm 28 years old and a Respiratory therapist. When I'm not working I'm a father to my...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of Jason Hall

    Jason Hall wrote a new post

    Students in the Owsley County School District visited Noble Pioneer Village Friday, October 7, 2016. This video follows members of the OCES 6th grade as they tour the village and observe the presenters. Students […]

    Owsley Students Visit the Past at Noble Pioneer Village

    Students in the Owsley County School District visited Noble Pioneer Village Friday, October 7, 2016. This video follows members of the OCES 6th grade as they tour the village and observe the presenters. Students learned about skills and culture...

    Read More
  • Profile picture of Tanya Turner

    Tanya Turner wrote a new post

    With rays of sunlight and fall colors flooding the space in old Jenkins High School turned upscale Senior living, Jenkins students painted familiar scenes of their community. Art teacher Gina Sparks brought her Ar […]

    Jenkins Students Paint "Our Town" Mural Reflecting Past, Present, and Future

    With rays of sunlight and fall colors flooding the space in old Jenkins High School turned upscale Senior living, Jenkins students painted familiar scenes of their community. Art teacher Gina Sparks brought her Art I and II students to "support the project...

    Read More
    1 Comment
  • Load More Posts

Media

Friends

Profile Photo
Ashley Lemaster
@ashhall2
Profile Photo
Anna Burton
@msanna1
Profile Photo
Anji Davidson
@anjird
Profile Photo
Fannie Hall
@pelfrey99
Profile Photo
Tanya Turner
@tanyabernice